We are pleased to announce that the 13th biennial PNCMI (Polarized Neutrons for Condensed-Matter Investigations) International Conference will be held from July 27-31, 2020 in Annapolis, Maryland, USA.
The conference will cover the latest condensed-matter investigations using polarized neutrons and state-of-the-art methodologies and techniques of polarized-neutron production and utilization for novel instrumentation and experiments, with emphasis on prospects for new science and instrument concepts as well as combining neutrons with complementary techniques and in-situ secondary measurements.
PNCMI is the most comprehensive conference on the latest scientific research using polarized neutrons and on related instrumentation development.
The topics will include:
- Multiferroic and chirality
- Strongly correlated electron systems, including superconductors
- Frustrated and disordered systems
- Magnetic nanomaterials
- Thin films and multilayers
- Soft matter and biology
- Polarized neutron instrumentation
- Polarized neutron techniques and methods, including nuclear polarization, Larmor techniques
- Neutron scattering facilities
The conference will include a tour of the polarized-neutron facilities at the NIST Center for Neutron Research (NCNR) in Gaithersburg, Maryland. There will also be a Polarized Neutron School for North American applicants held before the main meeting at the NCNR from July 26-27th.